Sunday, August 14, 2011

Reflection to Discussion Question Blog


Personally, this assignment did not work to my advantage. I was not clear on exactly how to set up the Discussion Question blog and the two individuals who were supposed to review my post did not. Fortunately, for me two other classmates stepped in to contribute.

The thread was not as lively as I wanted it to be. First, I experienced technical issues with my blog post. When I posted my comments and came back the next day they are no longer there. My colleague mentioned it was sent to him as an e-mail instead. The only thing I can think of that happened was when I hit submit, the webpage did not finish processing or the wrong “ID” was selected which caused it to send an email from my Google account instead of my Blogger ID.

I think if I had checked back more often to notice there was an issue with comments, I could have communicated on the Walden discussion board and it could have been livelier. Additionally, the two individuals who posted on my page contributed great ideas regarding their experiences. I feel my directions were clear, but the participation level may have been low due to the other factors mentioned above (my comments did not post and I did not check back often enough to write something that would have kept the discussion going).

In the future, I will be sure to establish very clear guidelines on what I am expecting my learners to do. I will also follow up more often to ensure the leaners are contributing and not experiencing any issues. This will help the discussion continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment