Monday, February 28, 2011

Introduction

I am new to the blogging world and figured I would start with a simply introduction.

Hi, I am Melisa.

See, that wasn't so bad. I am a Financial Representative for a large brokerage firm. The company I work for has a department dedicated to training new and old employees. It has been a strong interest of mine to join this training department as an Instructional Designer. So... to learn more I called the head of the department and simply told her I want in. She explained a little bit about the field and encouraged me to learn more. So I am.

On a personal note, I have been married for almost three years now. I am from Chicago originally but moved to Texas to be closer to my husband's family. My degree is in Web Design and Multimedia. My sister and my beautiful little niece live with my husband and me, along with our two adorable, yet loud, beagles.

Anything you still want to know? Just ask.

-M

8 comments:

  1. Hey Melisa! As instructed, I am commenting to let you know that I am following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melisa,

    Looking forward to spring? I'm looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Melisa:

    I'm Ready to read. I'm following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melisa
    Welcome to the blog world! Ask anything? Do you still have connections in Chicago and they are able and willing to send me a pizza? Just thought I would ask. I am now a follower of your blog thoughts!
    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melisa,

    Since we can ask...How's the weather today?

    I am glad we can learn together. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melisa,
    I look forward to seeing your perspective on things coming from a corporate environment. My first position out of college was as a Financial Representative with a brokerage in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Melisa,

    I look forward to reading your blog posts on the topic of Distance Learning. I also come from the web and multimedia background. Where did you go to school for your undergrad?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Melisa,

    I find your blog site to be very soothing because of the cool color selection and graphics. Can this sort of creativity be taught, or is it something that just comes naturally?

    ReplyDelete